1. Base or Root Chakra - the Survival Center
Sanskrit Name: Muladhara
Location: Base of Spine
Color(s): Red (also Black)
Vibrational Sound: “LUM”
Musical Scale Note: C
Right(s): To Be, To Have
Affirmation: “I am strong.”
See products that resonate with this chakra.
The Sanskrit name for Chakra One is "Muladhara"(pronounced “moo-lah-dar-uh”). It's associated with connection to Earth, grounding, stability, balance, nourishment, ability to trust, sense of belonging, physical health, strength, family, roots, security, survival, and prosperity.
Gemstones that resonate with and are used to activate and/or balance this chakra are Red or Black Garnet, Red Jasper, Ruby, Hematite, Obsidians, Smoky Quartz, Bloodstone.
Affirmations for Chakra One
- I have the right to be here.
- I have the right to be me, just as I am.
- I am connected to my body.
- I am connected to the Earth. My roots are like an ancient cedar tree. Running deep into the earth’s mantle, they are strong, resilient, and support me fully.
- I have all that I need.
- I am safe and protected.
- I am strong.
- I am grounded.
- My foundation is solid.
- I am stable and balanced.
- I trust myself.
- I trust the goodness of life.
- I am empowered to take care of myself.
- My energy resonates with vitality, security, strength, and prosperity.
The above affirmations are from our Seven Chakras Info and Affirmation Card Set.